The Billanook College campus is one in which we take great pride. The College is located in Melbourne's outer Eastern suburb of Mooroolbark on approximately 15 hectares of land, with ample space for student recreation and sporting facilities. We provide a very safe, peaceful and caring learning environment with modern buildings, up-to-date educational amenities and student access to advanced Information Technology facilities. The Billanook College campus is equipped with wireless internet access across the campus.
Special facilities in the Senior College of note to international students include:
- The Discovery Centre, a new $1.8m flexible multi-purpose learning environment with breakout spaces;
- 16 General purpose classrooms with work desks, chairs, white boards and Audio Visual facilities supplied for teaching and learning. All classrooms are heated and have air conditioning. A communal Centrespace is also available for student and Staff use;
- The Alan Ross Centre, a modern 475-seat auditorium and theatre space;
- Two Computer Laboratories with networked desk-top computers;
- Multi Media Computer Laboratory;
- Four Specialised Science Laboratories, serviced by a science preparation centre;
- Senior Library/Resource Centre;
- Tertiary Pathways Advice Centre - staffed by a full time, professionally trained Careers Counsellor.
In addition, there are many facilities available at the College which service the needs of students at all year levels, including:
- Health Care Centre - staffed by a fully qualified Health Care Professional and Psychologist;
- College Gymnasium equipped for physical education, basketball, volleyball and badminton;
- Performing Arts Centre;
- College Cafe;
- Three tennis courts, two basketball courts and two sports grounds for football and soccer;
- The Dame Phyllis Frost Centre for Support Education;
- College Administration Centre;
- The Leigh Speedy Centre - Science, Technology and Arts Complex (eight specialist classrooms)
- An extensive transport network - buses and trains.