International students are required to participate in an Orientation Program conducted by the Co-ordinator, International Students, before they commence studies. An important element of this is the selection of the subjects which the student may wish to study.
Billanook College offers an extensive range of academic subjects at all levels and the international student will be guided to select from these based on:
- Previous academic strengths and stated career interests
- Rules of selection as laid down by Education Authorities, eg Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA)
- Curriculum structures and constraints at specific year levels
- Pre-requisite subjects that may be necessary for any future study pathways. International students are expected to study English as an Additional Language (EAL), or Mainstream English where considered appropriate, in addition to
- Six other subjects at Year 10 level per semester
- Five other subjects at Year 11 level per semester
- Four or five other subjects at Year 12 level per semester
The Co-ordinator, International Students at Billanook College will discuss with the student and their Guardian the vast range of subject choices at each year level and will assist in designing a course of study most suited to their individual needs.
In all subjects, other than EAL, the international students are expected to study in fully integrated classes with the local students. This provides friendship and support in the rapid development of learning skills in the Australian education system.
> Click here to view further Curriculum information
CRICOS No. 00131M