At Billanook we believe that every student’s learning journey is important and unique. In a nurturing and committed learning environment our students gain a quiet confidence to flourish and to achieve their personal best.
Billanook College proudly provides Scholarship Opportunities for students commencing Year 7 in 2021 (Year 6, 2020). Applications will open in mid- November 2019.
All Scholarship applicants will be required to participate in Scholarship Testing which will be held at the College on Saturday 22 February, 2020.
In addition to the Scholarship Testing, the following is required:
• A copy of your child’s Year 5 report
• A copy of your child’s Year 5 NAPLAN results
Applicants must include with their submission:
• A letter from the applicant (child) including how the child describes themselves, their feelings towards school and interests outside of school, community involvement, leadership examples and why they wish to become a part of the Billanook Community.
It is recommended that applicants also supply a portfolio of documents to support their submission, which showcases the following:
• academic achievement and potential
• excellence in one or more areas, other than academic (e.g. music, leadership, co-curricular interests)
• a high level of application to all classroom and extracurricular activities (e.g. reference from a teacher)
• the potential to make a positive contribution to the Billanook community (e.g. examples of community involvement or leadership initiatives).
Scholarships awarded are based on the outcome of the test result and the supporting documentation provided.
Scholarships are tenable for the duration of a student’s time at Billanook College. Scholarship Testing will be held at the College on Saturday 22nd February 2020. Scholarship offers range from 25% to 50% of the annual Tuition Fee (Composite Fee not included).
For example, students offered a 50% Year 7 2020 Scholarship are required to pay $12,215 (50% of the Tuition plus the Composite Fee) for the year. Click here to view the 2020 Fee Schedule.
Scholarships are open to existing Billanook College students.
This Scholarship is not available to Full Fee Paying Overseas Students (FFPOS).
For further information regarding Scholarships, or to register your interest, please contact our Registrar on 03 9724 1179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org